"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Friday, August 26, 2011

I love speculaas!

I adore speculaas! Speculaas are windmill cookies in the US. It is not only my favorite cookies but I love the cookie molds too. I use them in my kitchen for decorating. They are just so much fun to see each day as I cook or bake.


And I love to dip a speculaas cookie in a cup of hot tea...pure heaven for my taste buds! What better and more stylish way to store them than in this cookie jar? It has little speculaas men all around it! I found this at a web shop but....oh my....it is so expensive. I would so love to have this for my cookies but for 49 euros. *gulp* Wonder if they will ever mark it down???
Speculaas Voorraadpot - Hollandsche Waaren
Have a great weekend with a good book and some good food!
Heidi

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love these molds. I have seen them all of course. Oh yesssssss, that is one very great cookie. Love them.
Have fun at the cottage.
Love Mom

Annie said...

I like a lot the molds .... and the pot !
Have a wonderful and I hope sweet weekend ! Here is so hot !

Elizabethd said...

They are indeed very munchy biscuits!